Thursday, March 26, 2015

VBWyrde on Patreon

I recently heard about Patreon and decided that I should give it a try. I'm working full time on Elthos RPG, and while I'm not exactly bereft of funds at this point, I realize that I do need to refill the coifers so that I don't go broke in the process of development. I'm asking that anyone who is interested in seeing the Elthos RPG and the Mythos Machine (Elthos RPG's comprehensive supporting Web Application), come to life and provide useful services to GMs, please visit my Patreon page and Patronize the effort.

VBWyrde on Patreon

For those of you who do not know what I'm working on - my Patreon page sums it all up rather nicely so I will quote myself here:
I'm working on advancing the 21st century art form known as Role Playing Games.. I will be producing materials including a web application called The Mythos Machine that helps Gamesmasters to create and run their own Worlds, as well as publishing Campaigns of my own design, artwork, Game-Stories in prose form, the Elthos Tarot Deck, and whatever else I think up to support this amazing endeavor using the Elthos RPG as the foundation of my work. Elthos RPG is a light-weight system geared towards story-oriented play, but with a strong (though optional) tactical element. It's a great system, and features an amazing web application to support GMs who use the Elthos RPG.
The Elthos RPG Rules book is in final edit stages now, and is coming along wonderfully.  The Game Test Stories are completed but I would like to polish them up a bit and put them in a nicely formatted series of PDFs. The Mythos Machine almost complete and is is soon to enter its Open Beta Phase, hopefully by the beginning of June.  Current testing suggests that it is 98% finished. We will be looking for a select handful of Open Beta Testers at that time, so please stay tuned to my blog if you are interested (or better yet, shoot me a message so I can put you on the list).  More on the Open Beta later.

Please help to support my efforts to bring Elthos and the Mythos Machine to life!


Thank you!

Edit:  Ok I got some really great feedback on this idea and my Patreon page from David Schirduan, and it seems that I'm kind of in an odd spot with Patreon.  David gave me some really insightful observations and thoughts about it.  In the end I conclude that it is unlikely that I can make Patreon work for me the way I need it to.  Which is fine.  It's better to try stuff and see what happens then to not try and never know.  :)

At any rate, as we were talking I realized that I can post some screenshots of the Rules Book while it is still a Work In Progress.  Here's how it is looking at this point:





 

No comments: