Tuesday, July 07, 2009

All Systems Go


Having resolved the complications of the logon method I've gotten everything up and running well enough to release Phase II to the Online server. That will be a big milestone for the Elthos Project! Soon, most likely this week, I will be sending out a few discrete requests among friends-of-the-Project to do some closed beta testing, looking for obvious bugs and issues, and getting people to look at the system for the first time and provide feedback. I'm looking forward to this. But most of all I'm looking forward to having it online so that I can start to actually use it! That, my friends, will make me very happy indeed.

Also in the works, I sent on the Final Revision Request to my artist who is working on the Elthos Tarot Deck, which is the key to the Cosmological Map of the World. That took a lot of work, getting friends to review the cards and provide their thoughts, and then look over the entire mass and decide which recommendations I want to definitely ask for, and which ones I want to leave up to the artist. This is a arduous process, but in the end we'll have a great looking Elthos Tarot Deck. What for, you ask? Well, its a little complicated, but in a nutshell the Elthos Tarot is designed to help Gamesmasters keep the symbolism within the World coherent. It also provides some other uses, which I'll get into another time.

All in all the progress is good.

No comments: